All volunteers are required to participate in the orientation and training seminar at Yakima Adventist Christian School and have an Upper Columbia Conference Volunteer Service background check. No individual will be allowed to serve as a volunteer until the screening process is complete. Please be aware that the volunteer screening process will take some time. More information is below or contact the school office for more information.
To Volunteer at Yakima Adventist Christian School
1. You must be know by the organization for a minimum of six months.
2.. YACS Volunteer Information Form must be completed and turned in annually.
3. Successfully complete the Shield the Vulnerable Volunteer Registration.
*Go to the Shield the Vulnerable Site www.shieldthevulnerable.org
1. Click: Adult Signup
2. Your Organization is: Seventh-day Adventist
3. Your Union Level is: North Pacific
4. Your Conference Level is: Upper Columbia
5. User type: Volunteer or Adult
6. Location Type: Jr. Academy
7. Location: Yakima WA
8. Primary Postion: Classroom Aide, Field Trips, or Lunch Staff
9. If you will be volunteering at a Seventh-day Adventist Church too, you will
enter that next and go through #6 to #8 above with the additional
information. You will be instructed to take two or more classes. While these
classes take nearly an hour each, you may stop part way through and come back to
complete the class at a later time.
10. After you have set up your account you need to access a button that says
'Screening'. From the gold bar near the top of the page that says 'Home,
Resources, Testimonials...' on it, click on 'My Account.' It will take you to a
new page where you access "Screening'. That will take you to another form
where you will enter personal information (date of birth, social security
number, and driver's license number) and agree to the background check.
Please be aware that no one can access any of this page information except
for the officials who are actually doing the background check. You will not be
able to complete the screening page until you have finished all the training.
4. Read the YACS Volunteer Manual, part 1, part 2 and part 3.
To Drive Students for Yakima Adventist Christian School
1. Complete one through three above
2. Complete Private Transportation Form
3. Turn in a copy of driver’s license, insurance card, and current driver’s abstract
4. If driving the bus you must have a CDL with a passenger endorsement
|Volunteer Manual - Part One||Volunteer Information Form|
|Volunteer Manual - Part Two|
|Volunteer Guidelines||Private Transportation Form|
|Volunteer Helpful Hints||Washington State Drivers Abstract
follow this link to get a copy of your abstract
|Things to Remember|